Introduction and five modules, each 25 minutes or less, for a total of 1.9 hours. Each module has specific learning objectives that build on previous lessons.
Download the workbook and customize your learning. Exercises are designed for you to create strategies and protocols that you can implement in your practice.
Slides and Reference Sheet
Print the slide decks for reference as you watch each module, allowing you to focus on content. Download the reference sheet for easy access to resources.
Why take this course?
Few of us talk openly about money or confidence.
Yet, surveys tell us that women lawyers underearn relative to men and we often hear about high performing women who struggle with imposter syndrome and people pleasing.
What bothers me is that women suffer, unnecessarily, in silence. They blame themselves.
They think they're alone and they want to become more confident, but they don't know where to start.
So I created this course.
If you take it, you'll learn some statistics and rules of professional conduct.
You'll be taught tools that you can use to coach yourself. You'll learn to manage how you deal with discomfort, around money and other triggers in your practice.
You'll learn to leverage your thoughts to get better outcomes.
Based on your unique practice and challenges, you'll create your own goals and protocols.
And if you have any questions along the way, I'm available to answer them.
Some clues that this course could help you:
- you write off your time or don't record it at all because you think you're too slow or not smart enough
- you avoid conversations where you will need to assert yourself
- you worry about coming across as "greedy"
- you talk yourself out of opportunities to ask for more challenging work
- you have trouble saying "no"
- you've been told that you need to come across as "more confident"
Confidence is a practice that you need to develop.
This course will help you do that.
You will learn to:
- identify thoughts and habits that hold you back from reaching your goals
- replace unproductive thoughts with empowering ones
- measure yourself against objective standards
- assess where you are and set goals for where you want to be
- develop actionable protocols
- assert yourself with confidence in challenging situations
Let's face it. You advocate for your clients, but you can be your own worst enemy.
Why not change that?
Money Mindset for Women Lawyers is eligible for CPD credit in British Columbia and Ontario (see below).
This program is approved for the following CPD credit:
|Law Society of British Columbia||Professional responsibility and ethics, client care or practice management.||1.75|
|Law Society of Ontario||This program contains 1 hour and 30 minutes of EDI Professionalism Content.
|This program contains 20 minutes of Professionalism Content.
Lawyers practising in Alberta and Nova Scotia are invited to consider including Money Mindset for Women Lawyers as a learning activity in their mandatory annual CPD plan.
An outline of the course curriculum is available here through the following link: Money Mindset for Women Lawyers Course Description.pdf.
Features of this program include:
- 5 video learning modules ranging from 7 to 25 minutes;
- a coaching workbook so you can apply the tools to your practice; and
- flexibility to complete the course modules over 4 weeks, as it suits your schedule.
- Introduction to Money Mindset for Women Lawyers
- Slide Presentation - Introduction to Money Mindset for Women Lawyers
- Coaching Workbook
- Reference Sheet with Hyperlinks
- Module 1 - Introduction to Money Mindset
- Slide Presentation - Module 1 - Introduction to Money Mindset
- Module 2 - Pain Points in Practice
- Slide Presentation - Module 2 - Pain Points in Practice
- Module 3 - Professional and Ethical Duties
- Slide Presentation - Module 3 - Professional and Ethical Duties
- Module 4 - Measured Shifts in Mindset
- Slide Presentation - Module 4 - Measured Shifts in Thinking
- Module 5 - Protocols, Implementation, Accountability
- Slide Presentation - Module 5 - Protocols, Implementation, Accountability
Paula is a lawyer and certified executive coach. She is committed to helping lawyers thrive by creating unique, high impact CPD programming that makes the benefits of executive coaching accessible and convenient for lawyers at all levels of practice.