Congratulations! You've landed a coveted summer position at a law firm. You may have lawyers in your family and get what it's all about. But for many - like me when I started - it's all new.
That's where I come in. I produced this course to help you get the most from your summer and avoid making the same mistakes that I made. Trust me, some of this stuff takes time to experience and figure out. I've done that (sometimes the hard way) and now I'm sharing what I learned with you.
I will take you through 11 tips that I wish I could tell my younger self. Tips about how to go after what matters to you, tips about how to overcome shyness and lack of confidence, tips about what lawyers really want from their students (and young lawyers) and tips on developing skills and character traits that will help you succeed as a lawyer.
Yes, I talk about the summer, but these tips will set you up for success for the long haul.
You don't need to take my word for it. Just sign up and see what you learn. It's free.
I hope you love this course as much as I loved making it.
Paula J. Price
Paula is a lawyer and certified executive coach. She is committed to helping lawyers thrive by creating unique, high impact CPD programming that makes the benefits of executive coaching accessible and convenient for lawyers at all levels of practice.
- Introduction - Why this Course?
- 11 Tips for an Extraordinary Summer - Handout
- 1. Have Clear Goals
- 2. Leverage Your Goals to Overcome Obstacles
- 3. Start Building Your Community
- 4. Produce Quality Work
- 5. Build Trust
- 6. Learn to Manage Your Time
- 7. Record Your Time
- 8. Stay Positive
- 9. Be Smart About Social Functions
- 10. Maintain Your Physical Fitness
- 11. Get Help If You Need It
- Thank You
- Time Management For Busy Lawyers - free on line course with strategies to make the most of your time
- Money Mindset for Women Lawyers - on line course to help you build confidence in your discussions about money
- From Table to Boardroom - vlog with 6 practical nutrition tips for busy professionals
- Uplevel Lawyer Coaching blog - check the articles. As students, I recommend Associates Shine When